Possible Topics at Apple WWDC 2017
Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Conference is moving to San Jose, Calif. in 2017 where the company will likely introduce new versions of iOS and macOS Sierra as well as a peek at the next generation iPhone. As it has always been it is a love fest for all Apple fans watching and hopefully seeing something inventive that will change the way we live.
- Possible iOS 11 Update – Apple is expected to showcase some improvements in iOS 11, including design tweaks, better handling of notifications and perhaps even multi-user support. Bundled apps also should get updates
- New macOS edition – a new version of Apple’s desktop operating system, macOS. Details on Apple’s plans for macOS are slim, but they could include a slight design update, enhancements to built-in apps such as Safari and Mail and faster performance.
- Apple Music upgrades. Possible better content search and other new features to make it much easier to locate a song.
- Apple new direction into original content. It is possible that Apple TV may get it’s own channel ? Apple already has its first series in the pipeline, “Planet of the Apps,” and is expected to unveil more programming at WWDC.
- Apple Carplay – Since most of us are living in cars traveling to different destinations, Apple knows by putting something into the car that works with their iTunes would be a real big event. They have to quickly get this into play since Android is not in the immediate picture so Apple has a chance to take a major step.
- Apple Smart-Home push – Will homekit get better to allow an iPhone to control the devices as well as your oven ? At the moment Amazon Alexa is a pretty good product at doing things like that with voice control and Apple does have Siri, so we’ll see.
- Health Care – the problem with this will be the HIPPA laws which medical records on a unsecured device will never happen, this is most likely is a nice idea but will take time to implement.
- Apple TV – Apple is dying to get this in everyone’s home but content as well as HD / HDR support is very important.
- Iphone 8 – what can they possibly do to the iphone to make it better and not lose any more market to the Android ? A new design, bigger screen and better battery would be the key features one would think.
Apple has given the world some of the greatest tools to use while away from home and now they want to start getting more integrated into your daily activities. There are only 2 smart phones as previously discussed the Android and Iphone, so Apple knows that they can take the iPhone only up to a certain point. They must start blocking Amazon from taking market from other areas. This will be one of the biggest Apple conferences on what direction they are going towards.