Idera – Free Tool – PowerShell Scripts for SQL Server
Idera is offering a free tool of Powershell scripts for Microsoft SQL server. You can simply your SQL Server Administration with 89 free Powershell scripts by simply providing some information and it is an amazing assortment of scripts. The scripts will allow you to work on your server providing you with some outstanding quick pieces that will enhance what you do on a daily basis.
- 89 example scripts for managing SQL Server objects
- Initialize PowerShell SQLPS module and work with databases
- Scripts for Analysis, Integration, and Reporting services
- Experimental support for SQL Server 2016
- New scripts for exploring In-Memory databases and query store features
Powershell script break down
- Connect to a server instance, manage databases and publish scripts
- Work with policies and SQL Server logs
- Manage security and backups
- Create and manage SQL Server jobs
- Get extended event information
- Connect to an Analysis Services instance
- Get connection information
- Get a list of databases
- Backup databases and remove old backups
- Restore a database
- Start and stop services
- Get package information
- Provision a catalog
- Publish a project
- Modify catalog settings
- Start or stop services
- Get instance information
- Backup and restore encryption keys
- Get configuration information
- Get event log information
In-Memory Databases (SQL2014 and SQL2016)
- Get overall utilization
- Get size on disk
- Get detailed utilization by table
- Get checkpoint size
Query Plan (SQL2016)
- Set Query Plan desired state
- Set Query Plan data retention maximum size
- Get Query Plan information
- Get Query Store status
How the 9-to-5 workday has disappeared
Work has changed dramatically over the last few decades, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal recently release it has become more time-consuming, less stable, and more flexible.
In 1973, 6% of Americans said they worked excessive hours while in 2016, 26% said they worked more than 48 hours a week.
Insurance coverage by employers has also dropped since 1973, although companies now provide more benefits to aid work-life balance, such as paid parental leave and remote work options.
Businesses are spending less on employees, both in terms of compensation and capital investment, while investors get triple the payout from 30 years ago.
This has all contributed to workers increasingly acting like free agents in the job market. While they have more control and flexibility, the “safety net that once came with full-time work has frayed.”
Don’t worry be happy
Americans are happier at work, but they might just be settling for less.
For the first time since 2005, more than half of U.S. workers say they’re satisfied with their jobs, according to the Conference Board, a research group. Employment is up, wages are finally rising and layoffs are near record lows, resulting in a more optimistic, contented workforce.
That buoyancy is giving Americans confidence to pull out their wallets. Depending on whether the tax plan for 2017 gets implemented the middle class will continue to get hammered with taxes to maintain the social programs such as social security, ACA and other various programs.
There is no such thing as a free lunch but employers are looking to try and maintain a profit. Small business owners will gain from the tax overhaul plan by not getting double taxed for corporate and personal income. This fact is not known by most Americans.
Hopefully the work place will improve over the next few years putting wages back into a reality check.
10 Most Important Feature Improvements to Apple’s iOS 11
Apple iOS 11 is now available to download and install from the Apple store. There is a new update released 11.0.1 so most likely there were some software glitch that needed immediate repair.
List of 10 improvements
- Apple’s iOS 11 includes a new Files app that brings together all of the files and folders stored across a user’s Apple devices, Dropbox accounts and more. The app provides access to iCloud Drive, the company’s cloud data storage service, and can help users find files on other devices.
- Apple’s iPad support gains several improvements in iOS 11, including a better Dock app. The Dock now can stretch across the screen to include more apps that can be swapped out when users swipe across the Dock. It also displays apps that have been opened recently and used on the iPhone or Mac.
- Apple iOS 11 has improved Apple Pencil support, making it easier to mark up files and folders and access notes. iOS 11 also includes support for inline drawing on e-mails that can be sent to others. Also, scanning and signing support comes standard.
- Apple’s App Store gets a revamp in iOS 11. The App Store’s new design, the company says, will make it easier for find apps and search for programs related to specific topics. There’s also a dedicated Games tab, suggesting video games still are an important attraction for Apple’s mobile users.
- Apple’s Camera app has a modified design that includes new filters to add flair to photos. According to Apple, the Camera app enables better portrait photos with skin tones “more natural.” Photo compression is also improved, reducing file sizes by 50 percent without sacrificing image quality.
- Apple’s virtual assistant Siri has gotten an update in iOS 11. Siri now can immediately translate words or phrases from English to several different languages including Spanish, Italian and Mandarin. Siri also can learn user music preferences and play only tracks that it knows the user will like. Also, Siri can better anticipate what users want and proactively deliver content and make suggestions.
- Apple’s Control Center has been rebuilt in iOS 11. Users can customize Control Center to include access to apps used most often and remove apps they don’t use. Control Center also now works with Apple’s 3D Touch feature, so users can access more controls by varying the amount of pressure they place on the screen.
- The Lock Screen also has been reworked in iOS 11 to provide better access to the notifications users care about. By swiping up from anywhere on the screen, users can see their most recent notifications as well as missed notifications from both Apple and third-party apps.
- In a nod to the one-thumbed typist, Apple has added one-touch support to its keyboard. Users simply touch and hold the emoji or globe keys and the keyboard will shift to a one-handed mode. Apple says it should be easier to type with only one finger, with all the keys close enough to type out messages.
- The upcoming iPhone X doesn’t have a physical home button, and iOS 11 has been designed with that in mind, including new gestures. Any gestures that relied on the home button are gone in the iPhone X version—accessing iOS 11 for iPhone X’s multitasking feature now requires swiping up from the display. Swiping down now brings up the Control Panel, and screenshots are done differently.
Camtasia 9.1 is now available
The latest Camtasia is here with faster video rendering, free video assets, and new features that make it easy for anyone to create professional-looking videos. One of the best video capturing software tools available to create webinars or technical videos for internal usage.
The Camtasia product has gotten mature and better over the years. The latest upgrade has the features listed below but based on experience you can do so much with the software and a Blue Yeti Microphone.
It is worth the investment if you have decided to bring your company’s knowledge into a new realm of possible business. There is a free trial that is available that you can use for 30 days. This allows you to create a webinar to grasp what Camtasia can do for you. Highly recommended from Baron Software.
Camtasia now takes full advantage of your computer’s 64-bit processor. Get more responsive performance, faster rendering times, and improved stability—even on your most complex projects.
Now, what you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your videos can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window.
Import an entire PowerPoint presentation or specific slides into your video projects. Turn your presentation into a polished video that can be viewed over and over again.
Windows and Mac—better together
Camtasia now has one, fresh design across both platforms. It’s easier than ever to work on videos with others since recordings and projects can be shared between Windows and Mac.
Bring static images on your mobile device to life by highlighting your product or brand with video effects and text overlays.
Record your iOS screen for training and app demos and share them directly to Camtasia for video editing.
PaintShop Pro an Intro to working with scripts
Scripts are a series of commands that can be recorded and played back at any time, to automate changes to an image or design, or to perform other multi-step actions. Scripts can save you significant time, especially if you repeat the same steps over and over again.
PaintShop Professional, Carole Asselin, has a wealth of knowledge in building and using scripts to speed up her PaintShop Pro workflow.
In this webinar, Carol will teach you the basics of scripting, including:
- A walk-through of PaintShop Pro’s Script toolbar
- How to install scripts
- How to run scripts
- How to record scripts for basic tasks.
Scheduled webinar is Monday, October 2nd 2017 from 12 PM to 1 PM eastern time. Click on the Corel logo to register for this impressive seminar.
PaintShop Pro 2018 is your affordable photo editing and graphic design software—without the restrictions of a subscription. Enhance your photos with professional image editing tools, or create impactful designs using new color palettes, brushes, gradients, patterns and textures. Enjoy a simplified user interface for faster navigation, improvements to your most used tools, and new workspaces to match your level of expertise.
Hackers hid malware in CCleaner software
Hackers have successfully breached CCleaner’s security to inject malware into the app and distribute it to millions of users. Security researchers at Cisco Talos discovered that download servers used by Avast (the company that owns CCleaner) were compromised to distribute malware inside CCleaner.
CCleaner Version 5.33 being distributed by Avast also contained a multi-stage malware payload that rode on top of the installation of CCleaner. CCleaner has been downloaded more than 2 billion times according to Avast, making it a popular target for hackers.
CCleaner is a software utility that wipes out application leftover garbage, can view the registry for entries no longer wanted, remove applications, etc. Piriform believes that all users are now safe but the real question is how was this even possible to happen.
Trusted by consumers and businesses, CCleaner will lose some of the trustworthiness they have built over the years. The malware itself appears to have been designed to use infected PCs as part of a botnet.
The hackers have proven that this could lead to other companies not securing their software. The danger is that anyone who allows their people to not protect their workstations from the outside world can affect millions others. Similar things have happened to Equifax and Sony, if you do not have the latest Anti-Virus software on your workstation you need to make sure you are protected today.
A end user can remove the CCleaner application for now and run a malware check on your machine for protection.
Apple’s iOS 11 kills old 32-bit iPhone and iPad apps
Well the time has come to begin the end of the 32 bit application. What this means to the general public is that certain older applications may no longer work if you install the latest iOS on your iPhone. Owners of iPhones and iPads who install the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system will find that some older apps will stop working.
Android still allows for 32 and 64 bit applications to co-exist as well as Windows/Linux but Apple will start to force developers to upgrade their application.
What does this mean to the general public ?
Dropping support for 32-bit software lets Apple streamline its operating system and helps it run more quickly since it no longer needs to load software libraries to make sense of the older programs.
A 64-bit application signifies how much data a processor can handle at once – the larger the figure, the faster a computer can potentially operate. That is in theory but in life you have developers that sometimes do not properly code and you end up with a buggy application.
Microsoft is the biggest example of keeping legacy programs working and it is to keep as many things as compatible as possible for as long as possible. Is a 32 bit application that bad, not really and it all depends on what is being done with the application. If a 32 bit application is processing XML files for distribution to a SQL server than it will speed up in a 64 bit world but it still works.
End of the party
Most people really do not know the difference and may not realize their applications were 32 bit until they upgrade the iOS operating system. Than they may be in for a shock when it no longer works. This is the reality and Apple is forcing everyone to go with them if you want to use their equipment.
Embarcadero Academy Debuts with Online Courses
A provider of cross-platform application developer productivity tools, today announced the launch of Embarcadero Academy, an online school for developers of all levels. The Academy, operated in partnership with Embarcadero by CodePower, offers a wide variety of expert-led courses in Delphi and C++Builder skills and technologies.
Finally Embarcardo / Idera have decided to get into the possible educational on line webinars to improve the software developers of Delphi or C++ Builder.
Embarcadero Academy is launching with approximately 15 courses, and has an additional 15 in development. The curriculum, which spans beginner to advanced courses, will initially focus on Delphi and C++Builder capabilities such as language and framework skills, and will continue to grow in range and scope of languages. Full courses run from several days to weeks or months, with mini-courses that last an hour to several hours.
It is worth the cost in getting tools to improve the Embarcadero user base and it is going in the positive direction. Through November 30, Embarcadero is sponsoring a free, five-week “Introduction to Android Mobile Development with Delphi,” typically a $199 value. Developers can learn more and sign up here to receive the free promo, or enter the code ANDROIDINTROFREE at any checkout screen.
Embarcadero provides tools that solve application developer productivity problems. The company’s products allow users to design, build, and run applications from a single code base across all platforms. A community of more than three million C++ and Delphi users worldwide rely on Embarcadero’s award-winning products to deliver critical enterprise applications. Embarcadero is a division of Idera, Inc. To learn more, visit www.embarcadero.com.
TMS Subscription Manager
TMS Subscription Manager v2.0 supports TMS ALL-ACCESS, TMS VCL Subscription, TMS Business Subscription, TMS Component Studio, TMS FMX Component Studio, TMS FNC Component Studio and TMS IntraWeb Component Studio.
The latest Subscription manager is explained in the video & on the blog https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/blog.asp?post=421 that TMS Subscription Manager v2.0 is designed.
Perhaps in a later version, individual products might get supported, but at this moment it isn’t and individual purchases can be obtained from the “My products” page.
As per TMS product you will get a description, a description, link to the product webpage, info on latest available version and release date, info on your last download version and download date and info on your last product install version and date. With colors, the status of each product is indicated.
In white are products ready for download, in yellow products ready for install, in orange products for which you can meanwhile download a newer version and in green the products for which the latest version was installed, so you are up-to-date for.
If you have TMS premier TMS ALL-ACCESS subscription, you can much easier find your way in the many products by filtering. You can open & close per product technology, you can filter to see for example only all installed products for which there is a new version, you can perform a search in product name or product description.
If you perform a search on ‘grid’, you’ll see TMS have a grid for VCL in the TMS Component Pack, a grid for FireMonkey in the TMS FMX UI Pack, a grid for cross-framework development in TMS FNC UI Pack and a grid for web application development in TMS IntraWeb Component Pack.
The new TechSmith Camtasia is yours
If you own the latest version of TechSmith Camtasia you are eligible to download the latest update 9.1 for Windows or 3.1 for the Mac.
Because you own Camtasia 9 for Windows and Camtasia 3 for Mac, you get this update to Camtasia version 9.1/3.1 for FREE. See the new features below, and also check out our new iOS mobile apps, TechSmith Motion™ and TechSmith Capture™!
Here’s what’s new in Camtasia
This new effect shows off your video in a computer monitor or smartphone “frame”. Camtasia’s library of special effects is a great way to add professional polish to your videos.
This new streamlined import process brings your slides directly into Camtasia. No need to re-record presentations or export slides as images.
|Easily edit the properties of the Intro and Lower Third video assets included with Camtasia to match your personal style or your organization’s branding.
What Camtasia does for you
Choose your footage
Create a great looking video, even if you’ve never made one before. Camtasia makes it easy to record your screen or import your own video and audio files (MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, etc.).
Make your edits
The multi-track timeline expands to fit all your projects. Split clips into two, remove portions of a clip, or delete one entirely. You can also add music, photos, narration, and more.
Create your video
Anyone can make and share engaging videos with Camtasia. Upload your videos to Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, or Screencast.com. Make videos from start to finish in hours, not days.