Almediadev announces update to StyleControls V3.81
* added: TscExPanel.OnCaptionDblClick event
* added: TscExPanel.ChangeRollStateWithCaptionClick property
* improved: TscGPCheckBox, TscGPRadioButton controls (bidi support + support of Layout property)
* fixed: drawing of styled TscStatusBar when some panel has width = 0
* improved: support of TscStykeManager.StyleArrowType property in styled forms and controls
* improved: scaling of TscTrackBar, TscDBNavigator with VCL Styles
* updated: help and some demos
Black Friday 60% discount on HelpNDoc Professional Edition.
HelpNDoc Professional Edition only. Hurry up, it’s till Monday only!
ibe-Software are glad to announce a huge Black Friday special 60% discount on HelpNDoc Professional Edition, including updates and upgrades starting now, and for a few days only.
ibe-Software believe this might be a great time to acquire more licenses for your team, upgrade to the Professional Edition or buy one for a friend or family member.
Elevate Software announces that build 7 for version 2.26 of ElevateDB is now available
The following is a list of the incident reports addressed in version 2.26 build 7. Clicking on these links will take you to our web site where you can view the full incident report. All of the incident reports that are marked with an asterisk (*) affect one of the products that you have purchased.
Serious Problems that were fixed
* (#4591) Internal Temporary Tables Store Causing Intermittent Lock Errors http://www.elevatesoft.com/incident?action=viewaddr&category=edb&release=2.26&incident=4591
* (#4592) Using the LIKE Operator with an Empty String Can Cause an AV http://www.elevatesoft.com/incident?action=viewaddr&category=edb&release=2.26&incident=4592
* (#4593) ODBC Driver Not Reading Ansi BLOBs Correctly with Unicode Client Applications http://www.elevatesoft.com/incident?action=viewaddr&category=edb&release=2.26&incident=4593
This is with great pleasure that we announce the immediate availability of HelpNDoc 5.4, an easy to use yet powerful help authoring tool producing CHM help files, responsive HTML 5 and mobile Web Sites, DocX and PDF manuals, ePub and Kindle eBooks as well as Qt Help files from a single source. HelpNDoc is Free for personal use and evaluation purposes and is available at https://www.helpndoc.com
HelpNDoc 5.4 provides many new features and enhancements including new command line commands and options to automate documentation generation, enhanced user interface and documentation generation and much more… You can learn more about this update at: https://www.helpndoc.com/news/2017-10-19-powerful-new-command-line-options-automate-documentation-generation-helpndoc-54
Download HelpNDoc now and use it for free for personal and evaluation purposes: https://www.helpndoc.com/download
Follow our step-by-step video guides to learn how to use HelpNDoc: https://youtu.be/u1XVAR985g8?list=PLe52dEok5gAlrGpJ9IxdFEfVrCjTucOhF
New Build 9 Now Available for Version 2.06 of Elevate Web Builder
The following is a list of the incident reports addressed in version 2.06 build 9. Clicking on these links will take you to our web site where you can view the full incident report. All of the incident reports that are marked with an asterisk (*) affect one of the products that you have purchased.
Major Fix: Drop-Down List Controls Containing a Blank Item Can Experience Clearing of Selected Value
- The HTML5 Geolocation API is now supported via the TLocationServices class. The TLocationServices class works similarly to the TAddress class. There is a single global instance of the TLocationServices class called LocationServices, and you can use this instance to retrieve and/or track the current location information for the current machine or device. Also, the Google Maps example project has been updated to include code showing how to use the LocationServices instance to retrieve the current location information for use with the map.
- All scrollable controls now contain a ScrollSupport property for controlling which directions the control’s content can be scrolled, independently of the ScrollBars property. This will allow you to hide scrollbars in touch environments, yet still allow for scrolling via touch movements.
- The TGridColumn control(s), contained within the TGrid control, now include a SingleClickToggle property that allows you to specify that only a click, as opposed to a double-click, is required in order to toggle the selected state of grid columns whose ControlType property is set to ctCheckBox.
Plus more fixes that can be read on the ElevateSoft web site.
Microsoft is releasing a new version of Windows 10 S for the enterprise
Back in May, Microsoft announced Windows 10 S, a version of Windows 10 Pro that is locked down to the Windows Store. Most of the other Pro features remain, such as Hyper-V. When it was announced, it was squarely aimed at educational customers, but yesterday at Ignite 2017, the company announced that a range of Windows 10 S PCs are coming aimed at businesses, or more specifically, frontline workers.
Microsoft said that it will be targeting the broader enterprise use case in the future, but for now, it’s focused on the frontline worker. With that in mind, the firm is working on a new version of Windows 10 S that’s based on Enterprise, aptly called Windows 10 Enterprise in S mode, which will be made available in spring 2018.
Of course, it’s already possible to lock down a version of Windows 10 to only install apps from the Store, so this is going to be something new. Just like users can upgrade from S to Pro, they’ll be able to upgrade from Enterprise in S mode to Enterprise. And the differences between the two Windows 10 S SKUs should be the same as the differences between Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise.
Since it’s not coming until the Spring, it won’t be available by the time that the devices announced yesterday launch. Neither will the availability of business SKUs of Office 365 in the Windows Store, I’ve been told. Those should be coming shortly after though.
TMS Component Pack v8.8 released with 3 new components
TMS has released Version 8.8 Component pack for VCL development using Delphi. The components range in vast improvements that allow a Delphi developer to easily drop a component on the form to reduce the amount of coding necessary to get the application to market.
TMS Component Pack v8.8 released with 3 new components: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/news.asp
- New : TAdvDBListBox v188.8.131.52 : Listbox control with embedded filter + insert data capability that can be bound to a dataset field.
- New : Automatic button column type when setting Columns[x].Editor := edButton in TAdvColumnGrid
- New : Hover background, text & border color capability in TAdvResponsiveList
- New : Name property added to TInspectorItem in TMS InspectorBars
- New : InspectorPanel.Items.Item[Name] added to access items by name in TMS InspectorBars
- New : Planner.GridControl.BorderColor: TColor property added in T(DB)Planner
- New : Enabled property added at item level in TTodoList
- New : Property EnableWheel added in TAdvComboBox
- New : ListLeft.Caption, ListRight.Caption properties added in TAdvDualListBox
- New : Lookup, resizable and save function in design time editor in TPictureContainer
- New : Label added in TAdvMultiButtonEdit
- New : Property AutoCheck added in TAdvOfficeRadioButton
- New : Automatic button column type when setting Columns[x].Editor := edButton in TDBAdvGrid
- New : TAdvHighLightLabel v184.108.40.206 : Label that allows to highlight specific words in the label text in different colors.
- New : TAdvTouchSpinEdit v220.127.116.11 : Spin edit control with spin buttons left and right from the edit control to allow easy up/down button access from touch screens.
Create modern-looking & feature-rich Windows applications faster with over 400 components in one money and time saving bundle for Delphi 7, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo & C++Builder 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo
Idera – Free Tool – PowerShell Scripts for SQL Server
Idera is offering a free tool of Powershell scripts for Microsoft SQL server. You can simply your SQL Server Administration with 89 free Powershell scripts by simply providing some information and it is an amazing assortment of scripts. The scripts will allow you to work on your server providing you with some outstanding quick pieces that will enhance what you do on a daily basis.
- 89 example scripts for managing SQL Server objects
- Initialize PowerShell SQLPS module and work with databases
- Scripts for Analysis, Integration, and Reporting services
- Experimental support for SQL Server 2016
- New scripts for exploring In-Memory databases and query store features
Powershell script break down
- Connect to a server instance, manage databases and publish scripts
- Work with policies and SQL Server logs
- Manage security and backups
- Create and manage SQL Server jobs
- Get extended event information
- Connect to an Analysis Services instance
- Get connection information
- Get a list of databases
- Backup databases and remove old backups
- Restore a database
- Start and stop services
- Get package information
- Provision a catalog
- Publish a project
- Modify catalog settings
- Start or stop services
- Get instance information
- Backup and restore encryption keys
- Get configuration information
- Get event log information
In-Memory Databases (SQL2014 and SQL2016)
- Get overall utilization
- Get size on disk
- Get detailed utilization by table
- Get checkpoint size
Query Plan (SQL2016)
- Set Query Plan desired state
- Set Query Plan data retention maximum size
- Get Query Plan information
- Get Query Store status
10 Most Important Feature Improvements to Apple’s iOS 11
Apple iOS 11 is now available to download and install from the Apple store. There is a new update released 11.0.1 so most likely there were some software glitch that needed immediate repair.
List of 10 improvements
- Apple’s iOS 11 includes a new Files app that brings together all of the files and folders stored across a user’s Apple devices, Dropbox accounts and more. The app provides access to iCloud Drive, the company’s cloud data storage service, and can help users find files on other devices.
- Apple’s iPad support gains several improvements in iOS 11, including a better Dock app. The Dock now can stretch across the screen to include more apps that can be swapped out when users swipe across the Dock. It also displays apps that have been opened recently and used on the iPhone or Mac.
- Apple iOS 11 has improved Apple Pencil support, making it easier to mark up files and folders and access notes. iOS 11 also includes support for inline drawing on e-mails that can be sent to others. Also, scanning and signing support comes standard.
- Apple’s App Store gets a revamp in iOS 11. The App Store’s new design, the company says, will make it easier for find apps and search for programs related to specific topics. There’s also a dedicated Games tab, suggesting video games still are an important attraction for Apple’s mobile users.
- Apple’s Camera app has a modified design that includes new filters to add flair to photos. According to Apple, the Camera app enables better portrait photos with skin tones “more natural.” Photo compression is also improved, reducing file sizes by 50 percent without sacrificing image quality.
- Apple’s virtual assistant Siri has gotten an update in iOS 11. Siri now can immediately translate words or phrases from English to several different languages including Spanish, Italian and Mandarin. Siri also can learn user music preferences and play only tracks that it knows the user will like. Also, Siri can better anticipate what users want and proactively deliver content and make suggestions.
- Apple’s Control Center has been rebuilt in iOS 11. Users can customize Control Center to include access to apps used most often and remove apps they don’t use. Control Center also now works with Apple’s 3D Touch feature, so users can access more controls by varying the amount of pressure they place on the screen.
- The Lock Screen also has been reworked in iOS 11 to provide better access to the notifications users care about. By swiping up from anywhere on the screen, users can see their most recent notifications as well as missed notifications from both Apple and third-party apps.
- In a nod to the one-thumbed typist, Apple has added one-touch support to its keyboard. Users simply touch and hold the emoji or globe keys and the keyboard will shift to a one-handed mode. Apple says it should be easier to type with only one finger, with all the keys close enough to type out messages.
- The upcoming iPhone X doesn’t have a physical home button, and iOS 11 has been designed with that in mind, including new gestures. Any gestures that relied on the home button are gone in the iPhone X version—accessing iOS 11 for iPhone X’s multitasking feature now requires swiping up from the display. Swiping down now brings up the Control Panel, and screenshots are done differently.
Camtasia 9.1 is now available
The latest Camtasia is here with faster video rendering, free video assets, and new features that make it easy for anyone to create professional-looking videos. One of the best video capturing software tools available to create webinars or technical videos for internal usage.
The Camtasia product has gotten mature and better over the years. The latest upgrade has the features listed below but based on experience you can do so much with the software and a Blue Yeti Microphone.
It is worth the investment if you have decided to bring your company’s knowledge into a new realm of possible business. There is a free trial that is available that you can use for 30 days. This allows you to create a webinar to grasp what Camtasia can do for you. Highly recommended from Baron Software.
Camtasia now takes full advantage of your computer’s 64-bit processor. Get more responsive performance, faster rendering times, and improved stability—even on your most complex projects.
Now, what you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your videos can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window.
Import an entire PowerPoint presentation or specific slides into your video projects. Turn your presentation into a polished video that can be viewed over and over again.
Windows and Mac—better together
Camtasia now has one, fresh design across both platforms. It’s easier than ever to work on videos with others since recordings and projects can be shared between Windows and Mac.
Bring static images on your mobile device to life by highlighting your product or brand with video effects and text overlays.
Record your iOS screen for training and app demos and share them directly to Camtasia for video editing.