Officially Idera is about to acquire Embarcadero this week after final agreements are made. Idera press release provides you with some additional information concerning the purchase. At this moment no one really knows what this means for the Rad Studio product as well the other database packages that Embarcadero sells nor what will happen with the company name.
At this point the Embarcadero staff members are pretty happy and developers will have to wait until something is provided by Idera. Usually in purchases older products that have no relevance are stopped and particular development sites are dropped to condense the groups. and finally Idera managers take over after the internal review of what is happening.
Some things that can changed in the next year or so:
- EDN (Embarcadero Developers Network) which provides the product updates needs a serious remake.
- Product pricing will that remain stable, decrease or increase ?
- With over 3 million world wide developers what will happen with the VCL version for Window development ? Will Firemonkey become the dominate software tool ?
- The database powerstudio software tools will that be merged with the Idera SQL product lines ?
- HTML 5 Builder will that be discontinued, it seems nothing has been done with the product since XE5
- What will happen with the Embarcadero name, will that disappear or be a jointed name for a period of time.
- When will the company chart of board members be released ?
These are just some of the questions that are being asked and there are numerous others so stay tuned.
Clinicians Embrace New Prostate Cancer Grading System
by Stephanie Cella on October 10, 2017 at 5:13 pm
First described in a paper published 4 years ago, the new Gleason grade group system for the risk classification of prostate cancer (PCa) is now routinely included in PCa pathology reports and commonly used in counseling patients newly diagnosed with … Continue reading &rarr […]
Advanced Urology Centers of New York Adds Two New Doctors
by Stephanie Cella on October 9, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Drs. William Ulmer and Rajiv Saini joined Advanced Urology Centers of New York. Read about them in Long Island Business News. […]