Data Security can no longer be a requirement of the IT Department. It is vital that the entire company that are within the network be on their utmost watch. Cyber security rules and staff must be in place as of today.
Watching current events there has been reports where ransomware took over the data center. Freezing out the IT department by locking out the entire company from accessing data. Cyber security measures tend to stop malware from destroying property.
Users need to be aware that a simple click on an attachment can release malware onto the network. Educating users on using safety first rules will help in protecting the environment.
Steps on handling internal security
Here are some steps on setting up cyber security within your environment:
- Check that all machines have the latest anti-virus software. Maintain updates daily for as you know hackers are working 24 hours a day.
- Restrict the user from particular web sites they may go to during the business day. Remember the user is not there to shop during work hours.
- Install a Barracuda email security device. Over 75% of targeted cyber-attacks start with an email. Barracuda has been in the business for years. Barracuda protects you with multiple layers of protection that includes all aspects of your email infrastructure including gateway defense, email resiliency, fraud protection, and user security awareness.
- Software that is purchased should be code signed and installed by the IT Department. Code signing means that the company that wrote the software has been verified as a legit business.
- Connecting personal equipment such as notebooks should not be allowed unless they are verified.
- Internal Fire walls to protect possible software holes where hackers can breach.
There is nothing more important then having a secured environment. Having strict cyber security rules and staff will stop any hacker from attempting to cause harm.